2021 Updated Resources
Connect to Recovery
Road Map to Reopening with the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation:
To Help You Get Started:
- Paycheck Protection Program (US Dept of the Treasury)
- Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Town Hall with the US Chamber
We recommend that you speak with your banker before beginning the SBA Loan Processes:
Triangle East SBA Banking Resources
Tips For Businesses
Johnston County COVID-19 Hotline: 919-989-5400
The Johnston County Emergency Operations Center is now open and will operate Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
UNC Health has created a central COVID-19 Helpline at 1-888-850-2684 to answer calls from patients who suspect they may have COVID-19 and direct them to the appropriate resources. Patients should contact the Helpline BEFORE VISITING a clinic, an urgent care location or a hospital emergency room if:
- They are experiencing flu-like symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath,
- They have traveled to a country listed as a Level 2 or 3 Travel Health Notice by the CDC within the last 14 days
- If they have had direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
Current Guidelines for Johnston Health can be found here.
Protecting Yourself and Co-workers
Use common-sense practices to help protect yourself from COVID-19 and other respiratory infections and viruses:
Wash your hands thoroughly and often. Make sure you are cleaning between your fingers and under your nails.
- Use alcohol-based sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Use disposable tissues when coughing and sneezing. Then dispose of them carefully and promptly. If tissues are not available, direct your cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm/sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Don’t shake hands. An elbow bump or good eye contact and a friendly hello shows people you are concerned about their safety and your own.
- Call our COVID-19 Helpline at 1-888-850-2684 if you have flu-like symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath AND have traveled to a country listed as a Level 2 or 3 Travel Health Notice by the CDC within the last 14 days, OR if you have had direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
UNC Health offers virtual urgent care through its UNC Urgent Care 24/7 service virtual consultations to diagnose non-emergency medical issues through secure video on your computer or smartphone. Go to uncurgentcare247.com or call 1-888-909-9681.
Where to Get Accurate and Reliable Information
CDC’s COVID-19 webpage at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
UNC Health’s COVID-19 webpage at https://www.unchealthcare.org/coronavirus/
Tips for Consumers
The Triangle East Chamber seeks to provide access to recommendations, regulations, services and expertise to its members. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this mission remains constant. Prior to acting, members should consult their own professional advisors for information and counsel specific to the individual and unique situations faced by organizations, individuals and corporations. The opinions, interpretations and recommendations of the Triangle East Chamber are informational only and should not be relied upon by the recipient as legal or professional advice. The Triangle East Chamber makes no representations as to the accuracy or reliability of the content contained herein. Users of this information accept any and all risks associated with the use of such information and agree that the Triangle East Chamber has no liability to user.