Weekly Wellness Update (10.13.21)
Good morning, friends and members. We are sharing weekly updates with you from Tom Williams, the President & CEO of Johnston UNC Health. Please find the information from 10.13.21 below. Thank you!
I have attached our Covid Update summaries for this week:
Dashboard: Click here.
- 34 total Covid patients with 7 of these being “Previously Positive” or greater than 21 day admission
- This is a little higher than my last week’s report; we have been holding fairly steady in the mid-30s this past week.
- 14 vents; 11 are Covid patients.
- About 90% of patients in hospital, in ICU, and on vents are unvaccinated.
- Latest Analytics from UNC attached here, which shows forecast model.
- Not much change since last week.
- We will start a phased in approach to adding non-emergent, inpatient surgical cases back on our Operating Room schedule next Wednesday, Oct 20th. We are starting to have more bed capacity for these surgical patients that will require an inpatient stay following their surgery.
- This is very good news to take care of the considerable backlog of cases that have been put on hold since August due to bed constraints.
Tommy Williams, MHA, RRT, RCP | President & CEO
Johnston UNC Health
509 N. Bright Leaf Blvd., P.O. Box 1376, Smithfield, NC 27577
O: (919) 938-7111