Weekly Wellness Update
Good morning, friends and members. We are sharing weekly updates with you from Tom Williams, the President & CEO of Johnston UNC Health. Please find the information from 10.28.21 below. Thank you!
Dashboard: October 28 Dashboard
- Our Covid census over the past week has dipped some but honestly not as much as I had been expecting.
- We have 28 total Covid inpatients (13 of these are “previously positive” or admissions >21 days.
- 12 ventilators
- About 86% of hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated.
- Total hospital census remains busy but we have capacity in Med/Surg and ICU beds.
Covid Forecast Modeling:
- I have attached two models – the first is total UNC Hospitals across the state and the 2nd is specific modeling for Johnston Health
- These models display actual Covid census overlaid with the predictive model and the anticipated trending of hospitalizations
- Continued decline is predicted in Covid hospitalizations.
- I met with Resource Management this morning and our supplies remain stable. We have a few disposable supply items that are backordered that we are watching closely; but we are in safe supply for all items needed at this time.
Tommy Williams, MHA, RRT, RCP | President & CEO
Johnston UNC Health
509 N. Bright Leaf Blvd., P.O. Box 1376, Smithfield, NC 27577
O: (919) 938-7111