Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Johnston Community College
- Community College
- Schools - Industrial, Technical & Trade
- Colleges & Universities
Johnston Community College (JCC) has awarded associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas for more than 40 years to students pursuing college transfer, occupational, technical, and continuing education opportunities.
Since 1969, JCC has maintained its small town values while progressively meeting the needs of one of the fastest growing counties in the state. JCC serves an estimated 15,000 students annually in its curriculum programs and continuing education courses.
JCC in Smithfield, North Carolina, is located thirty miles east of Raleigh near the junction of I-95 and US 70. The 175-acre main campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities, picturesque pines, colorful azaleas and scenic ponds and offers more than 40 occupational programs of study as well as numerous continuing education courses.
JCC has campuses throughout the county, including the Cleveland Center, the Workforce Development Center in Clayton, and the Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center, a 2800-acre wildlife preserve and teaching facility. On the main campus in Smithfield, JCC is home to a 16-acre Arboretum and the 1000-seat Paul A. Johnston Auditorium attracting additional involvement on-campus by community members.
With some 600 full-time and part-time employees and a budget of over $42 million, JCC is one of the county's 10 largest employers. During its history, JCC has maintained its small town values while progressively meeting the needs of one of the fastest growing counties in the state.
- Curriculum Programs
- Degree Programs
- Continuing Education
NewsRelease Date: March 06, 2019Release Date: December 17, 2018Release Date: March 21, 2016Release Date: March 03, 2016Release Date: March 19, 2014Release Date: March 14, 2014
Whom to Contact
- Aaron BrickmanPhysics InstructorPhone: (919) 934-3051
- Robin GurgainusDean, Public Safety ServicesPhone: (919) 464-2358
- Cassandra HaireDirector of Purchasing & ContractsPhone: (919) 209-2007
- Salanna HolmesInstitutional ResearcherPhone: (919) 209-2169
- Evelyn KellyDean of Foundational StudiesPhone: (919) 464-2383
- Danielle KroegerDirector of Corporate & Customized TrainingPhone: (919) 209-2027
- Darryl McGrawVice PresidentPhone: (919) 934-3051
- Krista PricePerforming Arts ManagerPhone: (919) 209-2139
- Katherine Stevenson-ChavisLead Engineering InstructorPhone: (919) 934-3051
- Twyla WellsExecutive DirectorJCC FoundationP.O. Box 2350Smithfield, NC 27577Phone: (919) 209-2119Fax: (919) 209-2133
From East Market Street in downtown Smithfield, turn right onto College Road and JCC is located on your left.