- Physicians & Surgeons - M.D.
- Home Health Services
- Ambulatory Care
- Wound Care
- Physical Therapists - Home Care & Outpatient
- Physical Therapists
- Child Care Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Urgent Care
Johnston Health’s vision is to be the provider and employer of choice for Johnston County residents and health care professionals. We are dedicated to making Johnston County a great place to live, work and play by providing expert care close to home, empowering employees with tools and resources to shape the future of Johnston Health, and giving back to our communities in meaningful ways.
Johnston Health was founded in 1951 as Johnston Memorial Hospital, and has deep roots in the community. Today, the health care system has campuses in Smithfield and Clayton, and is licensed for 179 medical/surgical beds and 20 behavioral health beds.
In 2009, the hospital underwent its largest-ever transformation when it added a $62 million five-story wing with 101 patient suites, operating rooms and intensive care unit. Today, the original hospital is used for office and instructional space, and the newly renovated patient rooms of Second Bright Leaf are for cardiac recovery, infusions and observation. The Medical Arts Pavilion, which is attached to the hospital, is home to several specialty physicians.
Across the street, Johnston Medical Mall offers easy access to outpatient services including oncology, wound care and cardiopulmonary rehab, and urgent care and primary-care practices. The mall is anchored by HealthQuest Wellness & Fitness Center.
Since 2014, Johnston Health has been aligned with UNC Health Care, and working together to enhance and add quality services and the latest technology to better serve our patients.
Member EventsSaturday Apr 13, 2019Join Champions 5K & 10K and together, let’s build a healthier community! This is a family friendly event featuring a 5K walk-run, 5K dog walk-run, and 10K. ...read more
Whom to Contact
- Sandy AltmanCorporate Health ConsultantPhone: (919) 934-7178
- Sol HalliburtonFoundation DirectorPhone: (919) 938-7169
- Tim HaysVice President of Human ResourcesPhone: (919) 934-8171
- Amanda JohnsonFoundationPhone: (919) 934-8171
- Erica JohnsonSales & MarketingPhone: (919) 938-7139
- Leah JohnsonCorporate & Community OutreachPhone: (919) 934-8171
- Susan MusicoFoundation BillingPhone: (919) 934-8171
- Suzette RodriguezCommunity Relations SpecialistPhone: (919) 938-7103
- Ashley ScottManager of HealthQuestPhone: (919) 938-7581