Smithfield-Selma High seeks full accrediation for International Baccalaureate programJuly 27, 2012
The Chamber was a host for a community information meeting on July 31 about the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Over 200 people from all over Johnston County attended the meeting that explained the accreditation process. Smithfield-Selma High School will start offering IB courses this fall and hopes to have the complete program in place within a year. Any student in the county can participate, regardless of school district. Shown in the picture above are: School Principal Mike Taylor, Garner High School IB Graduate Zachary Wilson, SSS IB Teacher Cynthia Hutchings and SSS IB Coordinator Kevin Daughtry.
Here are a few facts about International Baccalaureate:
Contact:Rick Childrey, President(919) 934-9166
- Founded in Geneva, Switzerland in 1968.
- Designed to prepare students for an interconnected, globalized world that requires critical thinking skills and a sense of international-mindedness.
- Offers high level courses in languages, social studies, experimental sciences, the arts and mathematics.
- Encompases 3,461 schools in 143 countries.
- Offers programs for ages 3-19.